Sunday, November 1, 2009

PLN18

Karl Fisch's article "Anne Smith-One of Twenty to Watch" does not surprise me because Mrs. Smith is a phenomenal teacher and she teaches in a way that challenges us but is also easy to understand. The article says that Anne Smith was named one of twenty teachers to watch by the National School Board Association (NSBA). The NSBA said that Anne's use of technology and outstanding leadership are just some of the resons she was recognized. In her class we use laptops everyday that we do most of our work on. And unlike many of my classes in the past, when we read an excerpt from book, we find out what it really means and think about a deeper meaning it might hold. Now at home when I read a book I tend to find myself doing that which makes me understand the book better. I hope we continue to do things like that because it is making me a better reader and writer and I know what she teaches will help me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment