Sunday, March 7, 2010

PLN10

"Street Named After Cigarette Company" by Mong Palatino talks about how a street in the Phillipines was named after a cigarette company and many health advocates protested. I don't like when I see commercials or bill boards advertise things like beer and cigarettes because I know someone will fall into the pressure and go buy that beer or brand of cigarettes. It is even worse with a street name see it everyday and it will not go away like commercials and bill boards. Also if there are families with children living on the street then the children might feel like cigarettes are okay because it is on a steet sign for everyone to see. If I were living in the Phillipines I would protest against this with the health advocates because it is not sending the right messege to people around that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment